Monday, May 10, 2010

Sewing up a storm

It’s been 3 weeks since our Jan Krentz workshops and I haven’t sewn a stitch since then. Yesterday and today I have been beavering away at my black, red and white pinwheel quilt. I was pleased that my local quilt shop had some red and black stripe in so I bought that last week. At the same time I’ve been sewing some of the pieces of the Rainbow Star together. Fingers crossed that both will be finished up to the stage of adding borders tomorrow. Then I can cut my borders at our Chez Soi group on Wednesday and also buying some wadding off the roll for them too.

I’ve also been doing some Ebay shopping for three backings from the US. My renewed enthusiasm is due in part to finding the perfect border fabric for my Rainbow Star. One of my students brought in some dotty striped fabric that she’d purchased at Country Threads in Bath over Easter. I quickly noted down the details from the selvedge and one phonecall later and my parcel should be in the post tonight.

Hopefully there will be some photos of almost finished quilt tops tomorrow and some parcels starting to arrive.

No comments: