Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January UFO day success

Eleven ladies at Caesarea Quilters UFO day. The best attendance we've had for a long time. And the first time I've been in at least a year. I find I need to put it in my diary as a firm commitment if I intend going. Lots of chatter and lots of work.

My successes were:
1. Binding sewn on my Building Blocks quilt. Just need to sew it to the back which I plan to do at Astra's group tomorrow.



2. I couldn't find my instructions for my star block so finished my first Swoon block. Looks great, just eight more to go. I cut some more grey strips including the sashing to get complete strips.



3. I then found my star instructions so made it up to go with the Fat Quarter Stars. Block 10 of the Moose on the Porch quiltalong is up so I'll attempt that on Thursday along with a Farmer's Wife block which is long overdue.




Next job is to find my special foundation piecing paper and print off a star and a Farmer's Wife block for Thursday.

No comments: