Saturday, February 18, 2012

FNSI results

Since planning what I wanted to do last night, I had a minor accident at the beach and slipped coming down some rocks and over extended my little finger on my left hand. Hooray I'm right handed. However my left hand has been very uncomfortable and then I went and had a wart frozen on the right hand. You get the picture. Not condusive to getting as much done as I wanted, but I still managed to:

Fresh Lemons Quilts Solstice Stars Series

Finish final of five Solstice star blocks. I changed the cutting instructions to eliminate the half square triangles as follows:

Fabric 1 four 2.5" by 4.5" rectangles
Fabric 2 four 2.5" by 6.5" rectangles
Background four 4.5" squares and twelve 2.5" squares
I then used the 2.5" squares and the double half square triangle method on each rectangle and then pieced the fabric 1 rectangle and background square. Then after pressing added the fabric 2 rectangle.



Finish the binding on my building blocks quilt, ready for our guild meeting on Monday where I hope to get two more ladies to sign up for our WI workshop.




Finish one more swoon block. I was concerned there might not be enough contrast between the pale blue and the grey background but now it's together it looks great.




I have block 11 of the 12 fat quarter stars cut and ready to sew with some more swoon blocks for tomorrow. Then I do need to finish my four Eisteddfod pieces as the replacement table for my Bernina has arrived. I will work on the table runner first as I can sew the binding on this piece at quilting on Monday night and Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love your Solstice block! I'm making Swoon too, but I didn't work on it during FNSI - I have all 9 blocks done but don't know how I want to quilt it so I'll let it sit and percolate in my brain for a while ;)

You made good use of your time last night!