Sunday, March 25, 2012

Granny squares

And not the crocheted kind. It was the Caesarea Quilters UFO day today where you have six hours to sew on whatever you like. After a late night last night with the clocks going forward too, I was a bit of a zombie this morning, so I packed my sewing machine and tools, the two remaining swoon blocks and my Hopscotch project wallet. I also printed off the instructions for granny squares.

I need some more fabric for my last two swoon blocks due to cutting mistakes. I have ordered some more background fabric and then I needed to find some elusive Hometown. I contacted the designer, Sweetwater, and they have come up trumps and are sending me the one square of one fabric and the four rectangles of another fabric to enable me to finish the project. Today I got the blocks as far as I could without the extra fabric.



At the same time, I dug out my Ruby jelly roll scraps and cut them into 2.5" squares, enough for two granny squares and almost enough for a third block. I know I have a bag of Sandy Gervais scraps from my pinwheel quilt, so I will find those and put them ready for our all day sewing session at Chez Soi on Wednesday.



I think this block would make a great demo at our monthly meeting as so may of us have leftovers from the jelly rolls we've used.

Tomorrow I need to focus on project instructions and photos for a project for Fat Quarterly. The deadline is looming fast and I haven't made a start on it yet.

No comments: