Friday, May 11, 2012

Busy doing nothing

Or that's how it feels. However my swaps for the Fat Quarterly retreat have now been finished. The badge is on it's way and the sample swaps are ready to wrap.

I made Carol's badge from one inch hexagons in Tilda fabric. Thank you to Lorraine for the loan of her fun serif dies to cut the felt letters.


My badge was made by Leanne of Shecanquilt Leanne has used the same range of fabrics (Sweetwater Home Town) that I've used for my sample swaps.

 

I have also made Carol a zakka style pin cushion and finger pin cushion to match her name badge.They were slightly bulky and unfinished so they'll be wrapped today ready to take with me to London.


Here are the Zakka pin cushions ready to be wrapped for the sample swap. We will be put into groups of six and will receive five handmade gifts from the other participants in our group. Some of the gifts all ready finished and photos posted on the Flickr group are fabulous. My gifts will be wrapped in a tissue paper pattern with baker's twine to attach the finger pin cushions to the packet as decoration. A job for Sunday I think.


 I thought my gift was a little simple so I also made finger pin cushions using the instructions at Inklingo I changed the instructions slightly by using a 2" Sizzix circle die to cut the fabric and a slightly smaller circle on the same die to cut some iron on wadding. I then successfully adhere the gathered and stuffed circle to a 1" button with a rim around it.

I have my ugly swap fabric ready to go and am waiting on some patriotic fabrics for the Union Jack class. For Lu Summers porthole class I'm going to use a variety of pale yellow fabrics and some novelty fabrics from my stash. I have a bag in our bedroom gathering items such as PJs, toiletries and swaps. It's a bit too early to break out the suitcase. Only three weeks to go.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Those little pincushions and the bigger ones too are adorable, maybe I will get to be in your group.