Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Monday's happy mail

Two parcels of fabric goodness that I had been expecting arrived yesterday. First out of the bag were these beautiful Kona purples from Justine of simply solids.

Along with the ruler pictured that I borrowed from Sarah I will be making a quilt for Justine's shop. I chose purple as Nelson's house colours are purple.




Next to be unwrapped were fabrics from Carol to make X and O blocks for the FQR kinky beefor November. One of the bumble bees from the same bee chose the same block also with red crosses and it looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to making these blocks.

It has been interesting to see everyone's choices of fabrics colours and blocks so far in this bee. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the completed projects at next year's Fat Quarterly retreat.





Carol also sent us each a piece of her hand made soap. I was lucky enough to receive some lavender soap which has gone in my underwear drawer!

No comments: