Friday, January 11, 2013

M is for Make me Happy

Having finished my stitchery and my blog hop commitment, today is for catching up on bee commitments and blocks of the month. Anne from Belgium sent us a selection of small scraps as January honey bee mama along with instructions (guidance really) to make an improv letter which will eventually spell out Make Me Happy. As you may be able to tell, I got the letter M.

I don't do improv, I like things to be straight with specific measurements. So I approached this task with both trepidation and excitement. I drew up the letter on a large envelope from the bin and then cut it up to give me a rough foundation piecing pattern. I also organised the scraps into a rainbow so as to give some order to the piecing.



I have to say I'm pleased with how the block turned out. I've trimmed it to 10.5" so that Anne can trim it down further as she wants when it comes to putting the quilt top together.

I will leave sewing the siggie square and my last January BOM block until tomorrow now. Being the top pick on Thursday's blog hop certainly made me happy.

No comments: