Monday, February 18, 2013

Back from Denman

We arrived back from Denman last night. A group of 20 went in a group organised by sirens WI (mainly me) and included 19 members and one guest. However we were surprised to meet two Trinity members at Denman on the same course. What a shame they hadn't heard we were going too, as they could've come on our bus and benefitted from group rates. Everyone took our unscheduled diversion to Bournemouth airport instead of Southampton in their stride. Fortunately our coach driver came to meet us and we only arrived one hour late at Bicester.

I was very light on the shopping stakes and purchased the following.



I bought the blue typewriter print from darn it and stitch in Oxford, which is a sweet little shop. The grey fabric from Denise Schmidt was purchased at John Lewis. We were surprised to find at Denman that there is a small haberdashery shop stocked with donations from members. We will endeavour to send some stocks when a Jersey member next goes to Denman. So I was able to buy some unusual colours of Aida from the haberdashery shop. The Cath Kidston book was a gift from the other members thanking me for organising the trip which appears to have been successful.


Above is pictured a small mini quilt which is the last entry I need to complete for the Eisteddfod. I ran this up on Thursday evening to enable me to do a little bit of stitching whilst away. I managed to stitch down the binding and the hanging sleeve on the reverse of the mini quilt and do a little of the big stitch quilting in pink and red Presencia threads. I plan to get this mini quilt finished by the end of the week. Then I can start on a few projects that are not needed on the Eisteddfod, that will be fun.

In case you're wondering - the furry item in the picture above is a hat that Louise bought for me in primark. Elizabeth was very embarrassed when I came out of the baggage reclaim area wearing it. Mission accomplished!!

1 comment:

QuiltCandy said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend! What lovely things you have brought back. And I did wonder whether you had smuggled a cat?! I love your LOVE mini quilt, sure to be a winner ;-)