Thursday, February 21, 2013

One more Eisteddfod entry to locate

I finished the last client quilt for the Eisteddfod today. All of the entries have to be handed in on 2 March. I have never helped at the handover and this year there are more entries than ever in the Needlework section. I imagine it must be frantic on the day with one school having 200 entries as well as adult groups having up to 60 entries in over 40 classes.

Anne' quilt showcases nine candle-wicking blocks. I have kept it simple and stitched in the ditch on the sashing and done a big stipple around the patterns to make them pop.




All of my Eisteddfod entries have been located, labelled and bagged. I found two pairs of threads on my hopscotch quilt to sew in. I have not yet found my Union Jack pillow. I have a vague recollection of putting it somewhere safe! I have a total of fourteen entries - one for Caesarea Quilters and thirteen for Chez Soi. So thirteen are ready to go and one to find. A job for another day if it's not under my bed.




Tomorrow I'm looking forward to meeting Sarah from Quilt Candy and prepping for our guild UFO day on Sunday. I wonder if it's a Friday night sew in tomorrow or did I miss it last week?

No comments: