Monday, February 04, 2013

Scrappy trip along 1

I am trying to set myself three small jobs every day to make more progress on my UFOs. Yesterday I decided to do:

1. Siggy square for Teresa and fix the stripes on the Carpenters wheel block. The stripes on two of the diamonds didn't match the other diamonds. I should have stopped when I spotted the mistake but I decided I could live with the mistake. Except I couldn't so it needed to be unpicked.

 
2. Quilt Anne's Christmas quilt from lottery blocks ready to deliver to her on Wednesday.

3. Add the borders to my Farmer's Wife quilt so that it is closer to being quilted ready for the Eisteddfod.

As you can see I was successful yesterday and even managed to complete my first scrappy trip around the world block.

2 comments:

QuiltCandy said...

All of your quilts look gorgeous Sue. I would love to make a Scrappy Trip quilt too, they look like so much fun. I've looked at the tutorial, it seems like it would come together quite quickly. I love the colours in yours, I look forward to seeing it as it progresses :-)

Anna said...

Love them all! I know what you mean about having to unpick. Sometimes you work through a block and think you won't mind the slight mistake, but eats away at you! At least there are seam rippers!