Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Comma Orbit

The best laid plans are often derailed by some new fabric. Did I quilt my Christmas mini quilts yesterday? Did I start stitching week 2 of the Springtime Sampler which arrived first thing yesterday morning? Of course I didn't, I was distracted by the Orbit pattern and the stack of fabric I'd purchased for it. I cut a few blocks out and stitched them along with a Christmas mini quilt, then yesterday morning I started cutting up the rest of the fabric.
 
Apologies for the rubbish photo, but I think you get the idea, I should have it pieced today, then I think I'll wait for some of the script Ikea fabric which will go nicely with the three different script fabrics in the pieced top and I could even dye the fabric to match the yellow or orange fabrics.


 


 And I think I will start working on week 2 of the Springtime Sampler whilst watching week 2 of the Great British Sewing Bee this evening.
 



Linking to:


Plum and June

With Nat of Made in Home

2 comments:

Laura C @ littleandlots said...

Your Comma quilt is going to be lovely! I love the Comma line, but you've mixed in some really smart fabric choices that make it look even better. (Really, a body could put Pearl Bracelets with just about anything and I'd automatically think it was better!)

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love the sampler! Did ou enjoy the great British sewing Bee - not so about the tulip/pockets skirt, but it was a very good episode! Thanks for sharing on let's get acquainted!