Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cooking with gas

Sunday was a good sewing day. As well as piecing my two Mother's Day mini quilts I pieced the star row from the Bee in My Bonnet row along at the same time. I had put off making this row as it's only 3" finished, but Lori's method meant no half square triangles to trim up and only three steps to make each star. It was also a great scrap buster as each star only took a 6.5" by 1.5" strip.


Just one more row to finish of small flying geese. I have half of the outside border to finish too. One of my quilt groups has an all day session on the last Wednesday of the month, so I plan to cut some of the squares ready to make progress on the last row this week, but when at home, I'll be working on week 4 of the Springtime Sampler. I may appear to be impatient to get the sampler stitched, but I know that if I don't finish it as each step comes in, it won't be finished and I have several UFOs in my cupboard to prove the point. :)
 
 

4 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Beautiful and you sound so organised!

Bunny said...

Very pretty.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Sew cute! I wish I would have done this row quilt...guess there is still time!

Glenda said...

Lovely colours in this row quilt.