Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sunday UFO day

My aim at our Guild's six hour UFO day was less UFO and more Bee catch up. I progressed the blocks from the pile of raw materials and foundation patterns, to something which looks like the final product but it's not quite there yet. I am hopeful that I'll finish both by the end of the month. no pressure.

 Firstly are these dancing stars blocks. The cutting instructions were a bit mean on fabric and wasteful too which had me puzzled for a while. I was please I printed these onto Carol Doak foundation papers as they tear out so easily. Later I wished I'd used the same paper for the other foundation blocks. There are three to make so I was pleased to get two out of three completed.
 
 
 
 
For the FQR bee, I chose a foundation pieced feather block by Shape Moth for Carol's month. There was no way I was going to finish this at one sitting, but you can see how the pieces will come together. Look at how small some of those pieces were and one of the fiddly bits, I had to unpick and start again as I had my blue and low volume fabrics reversed. There are two feathers in this block but I'm going to leave them separate so Carol can choose how to use them.
 

No comments: