Thursday, November 07, 2013

Quilty fun sewalong



Lori Holt has brought out a book called Quilty Fun using the blocks from the Row along earlier in the year. It took me almost an hour to tidy some stuff up this morning and dig out the rows that I have completed which just need sizing up and putting together. I even have the border pieced ready to finish the quilt.

Quilty Fun Sampler - apples
 
The Fat Quarter Shop are hosting a Sew along for the new book with a sampler  quilt as the end project. Kerry is hosting week 1 of the sew along which is the apple block. The background is leftover backing from another project, so I hope I'll have enough. Next week's blocks are stars. Kerry spent just 15 minutes cutting her fabrics. I spent a lot longer than that. I think I'll chose my fabrics before next Monday to save time. I'm trying to use up my scraps first, but they all seem to be either too small or the wrong colour.

1 comment:

Cheryll said...

Your quilt will be so pretty with the fabric you are using! I look forward to following along! :)