Friday, December 20, 2013

Catching up with cocoa cups


I have abandoned customer work in favour of finding time for myself at this busy time of year. I had fallen behind on the Quilty Fun sew along so I decided to prep the cocoa cups which is this week's unit first.


And to have something to sew along with this quick block I broke out one of the 2012 Block of the month packs from the Fat Quarter Shop. I had intended these to be a bee block but that isn't until well into 2014 so I may have finished them by then. First I have to draft up a flying geese unit for the sashing as I didn't realise I needed to buy a pattern or kit for the sashing. There's plenty of extra fabric to make the units and if I'm short of any fabric I'll make the units scrappy.

Next on the cutting mat are the chubby chevrons from last week and block three of the BOM.

No comments: