Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cute chubby chevrons


Try saying that at speed after a few Christmas drinks. I fitted in some sewing yesterday along with taking Matthew out to practise his driving. He drove us up to St Lawrence to see some curtain samples and I think we may have some curtain fabric at last. Not in time for Xmas but a larger returnable sample has been requested for us.
 
 
 At the same time as sewing my chevrons, I also grabbed another Fat Quarter Shop 2012 BOM block. This is block 3 and is called weather vane. I also found a printable foundation piecing pattern for the sashing blocks which I'm trying out. I've decided I need to parcel up the rest of the blocks for my Bee.  My month isn't until March, but I will have finished too many of them by the time March comes along. I have printed off the foundation piecing patterns and will finish the test block over the next few days. They can then be enveloped up ready to post when I'm in London at the end of January.

Today I plan to finish a Christmas cushion and finish the flying geese row form the row along so that I can use any leftovers for the Quilty Fun project. and I must also write a shopping list for tomorrow as we are collecting our turkey and I want to get all our vegetables and fruit at the same time. It's horrid weather today and Matthew has a two hour driving lesson scheduled. On the other hand, I am playing canasta at a friend's this afternoon which is a very pleasant way to spend a grotty afternoon.

No comments: