Sunday, December 29, 2013

Welcome Christmas

 
I won the pattern for this cushion from OPAM Peg. I decided to change it to be a bit more me and a bit more modern:
  • I changed the colours to anything I could find in my Bonnie & Camille basket
  • a pom pom trim replaced the piping
  • I also did machine applique with Bondaweb instead of needle turn applique
  • the holly leaves were cut using a Sizzix die - nice and quick. Thanks Jenny and Lorraine
  • The berries are some red buttons I picked up at John Lewis.
  • I replaced the red ric rac with some vintage daisy trim from Janine's Mum. I also raided the boxes of haberdashery she gave me for the zip closure on the back.
 
 
I like the original but this is more me and sits very nicely on the hall settee. Now I need to find a flying geese unit that I've lost and clean my work table.
 
 

No comments: