Sunday, January 05, 2014

Flying geese border

Having purchased the 2012 block of the month from the Fat Quarter Shop, I subsequently realised I didn't have the pattern for finishing the quilt. Hmm. So each row of three is separated by a row of flying geese. Now I see this pattern again, I realise that each flying geese column is 4 inches by 12 inches not the six inches wide I first thought.

 
I found the pattern for the six inch wide geese here and for the four inch wide geese here. I printed them off on Carol Doak's foundation piecing paper and then used a glue stick to add two more rows to each pattern.
 
Here are two sashing units and the first two blocks together.
 


I now have to wait until March to send out the rest of the blocks to the FQR bee participants.
 
 

1 comment:

Liz DandeliondD said...

Fabulous bee packages Sue.
I really enjoyed making the BOM this morning and I can't wait to make the geese asap too.