Thursday, January 09, 2014

Ploughing on


Being an earlier riser than the rest of the family, means doing only quiet jobs early in the morning. Having pinned a few pieces for sewing later, I pulled out the group Farmer's Wife quilt to work out if I had enough fabric for the borders and binding and which fabric I'd bought for which job? That was easier than I thought and the borders and binding were soon cut to size. I had just 1/4" left of the border fabric so that was either lucky or well planned.

So by yesterday evening I had the borders sewn on, pressed and the binding mitred together and ready to go. I now need to buy the backing in the sale of our local quilting shop on Thursday. I then have until 20 January to get it quilted and the binding applied ready for Guild members to help hand stitch the binding down.

Linking to:
 
 

1 comment:

Mack and Mabel said...

Hello, Found you via Brit Bee Sewing Linky. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt. My Farmers Wife is still very much a UFO !