Saturday, January 11, 2014

Scrappy rainbow log cabin blocks

 
Or Bumbling Honeys bee block for January for Liz. Liz sent us a selection of fabrics to use and I added a couple to the mix. She also provided a lovely tutorial. This block is different to most log cabin blocks as the strips get larger with each round. I'm pleased with how they turned out and will pop them in the post later this week.
 

Then each block is framed by a narrow "low volume" fabric.


And if my calculations are correct that's all of my January bee commitments completed. However I still have other projects to complete this month, so I plan to stitch up a storm tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

They are really cute!

Rosie said...

Great blocks with lovely fabric.

Maria said...

Nice blocks.

the running hare said...

Lovely blocks Sue. I've just noticed the cute fox/chickens on the bottom photo!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Well done lovely fussy cutting.