Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wagga wagga quilt


I have just finished quilting this for Sue and I apologise for the bad photo as my usual quilt holder is in Guernsey. This was a pattern from a workshop by Carolyn Forster. The pattern is simple and I think that's why it was not well attended, but Sue who is an experienced quilter said you got so much more out of the workshop than just this quilt. Carolyn brought a car full of quilts and samples with her on the ferry. It was good value for money. Carolyn was here for five days and many who booked into the last session wished they'd booked for more sessions. I think I only did one day and that quilt is actually finished.

 
Before I saw the whole of the quilt which is comprised of veg and fruit fabrics, I suggested a free pantograph I downloaded months ago called Strawberry Fields. Sue was delighted by the suggestion and pointed out the strawberry fabric. It does look good. I am impressed at anyone who is able to mix such busy fabrics so successfully. My fabric choices are much tamer.
 
 
Then Sue used this potato print as the backing. Time to get my scrappy trip around the world on the frame as Jane is itching to get her quilt quilted. I'm waiting for my first order of aurifil threads to quilt Jane's quilt, another client quilt and hopefully my Bee in your Bonnet row along in the next ten days.

No comments: