Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Scrappy Trip around the World

I have just finished sewing in the ends on this quilt which is a Scrappy Trip around the World using a Sweetwater jelly roll and some fat quarters of the lines. It is five blocks by five blocks.
 
 
 
It is backed with some of the number fabric from Ikea which keeps it quite a manly quilt. I have a recipient in mind, but Lizzie reckons I should check with Matthew first.
 
 
Each block is quilted with a flame pattern and the grey diagonal of each block is highlighted by not being quilted down the centre.

 
Whilst this was my February goal, I have also finished my January goal of the Bee in My Bonnet Row along quilt. Whilst quilting it the needle fell out and broke so I think the timing needs fixing which is a job for next week once I'm home from a short trip to Southampton.

4 comments:

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Ohhhh my! This is grand. How many jelly rolls did this take?

CapitolaQuilter said...

Such a pretty quilt.

Sandy Panagos said...

That is a great quilt. Congrats on your finish!

dq said...

Very lovely! I am trying to decide on a quilt pattern for a couple of jelly rolls I have. This one looks fun.