Friday, March 21, 2014

Fabulous Friday

I can now reveal I sent my Sewing Room Swap goodies to Kelli who is pleased with what she received. Phew. I collected my goodies from the Post Office yesterday and all I can say is WOW. I have been absolutely spoilt rotten.
 
 
It starts with this innocuous looking parcel.
 
 
Which I carefully cut open to reveal some piles of fabric goodness.
 
 
Now I had seen both of these items on Flickr and admired them, thinking the butterfly wall hanging would go nicely in my new kitchen.
 
 
I don't remember seeing a name on the Flickr sneak peak, Caroline is very sneaky. I thought that this was pieced and hand quilted, but it a "cheater fabric". Brilliant use of the fabric. I thought the embroidery was bigger in the first peek we were given and thought it would be nice framed in an embroidery hoop, but this is even better. Great colours.
 
 
Even better this is a lovely big cushion cover. I need to pop into town tomorrow to buy a cushion inner and it's definitely going in the kitchen.
 
 
And there's more, tucked inside of one of the items was a mini charm pack of April Showers by Bonnie & Camille. I don't have any of that line. Yet!! And a few scraps. I love other people's scraps. I will remember to send some next time. And the cutest babushka scissors.
 
 
Then there's this gorgeous air mail pouch which is about a4 in size. Very useful. I collected stamps as a child and this is very me. I remember sending air mail letters to Phyllis in South Africa. A lot of thought has gone into this item.
 

And finally I received two zippers, a zip pull and a personalised card from Caroline. I like the idea of my own cards, I will have to follow that up.

I bet you're jealous, what a lovely set of gifts. Do go to the Flickr group and have a look at what everyone else has received.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

She definitely stalked you very well! The embroidery is beautiful and I love the stamps.

QuiltCandy said...

Oh wow, what happy, happy mail!! (V. envious)!!!