Sunday, March 30, 2014

Scrumptious april block of the month

Today is Mother's Day in the UK and as our Guild UFO day was cancelled because of the clash, I decided to sew at home instead. Val kindly let me know that the Wishes quilt along block for April - broken dishes, had been published.
 
 
 
So I dug out my bag containing the blocks so far and my fat eighth bundle of Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille. the block calls for you to cut 4 3/8" square so I scaled them up to 4.5" and trimmed them down once sewn. a nice straight forward block but be careful to sew your seams with the correct edges matched or you might end up with pin wheels. I almost did this.
 

 
When I put the blocks together, I spun the seams again. The intersections then make mini four patches and pinwheels and lie better when pressed.
 
 
 
Here are all four blocks so far. I'm liking them so far. Has there been a picture posted of the whole quilt? I'll have to go and look.
 
My work room is a mess but today I started putting some scrap packs together and posting the packs and yardage onto Lorraine's facebook group for craft supplies for sale. So far I've sold two out of four lots, so I must go and sort some more for sale.

No comments: