Friday, April 11, 2014

Spell it with Moda


I've had the directions for the monogram B from the Spell it with Moda blog hop printed since the blog hop. This block was designed not surprisingly by Bunny Hill designs. As I've made good progress with several UFO projects, I decided to treat myself to a quick new project. Having tidied my desk, I even knew where the pattern was and I pulled out some of the leftover fabrics from the Fat Quarter Shop Designer BOM for 2012 which used Bonnie & Camille's Vintage Modern range.
 

The mini was soon put together so today's job was to put on the binding. I cut the binding last night and stitched it to the front ready for some hand sewing. I chose this lovely Tim Holtz grunge butterfly fabric for the backing as it's too pretty to cut up. I also glued down the binding before hand sewing and used the wonder clips to keep the binding in place until the glue dried.


Binding done, I located my rhinestones and tried to choose the bunny's eye colour, pink and red didn't look right so I went for black. I used Aurifil Mako for the piecing, quilting and hand sewing of the binding as I didn't want the quilting to overwhelm the piecing. This is the first time I've used Aurifil threads and so far I'm impressed. The quilting is simple quarter inch spaced lines in the background and also I stitched in the ditch around the letter B and the bunny.
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The bunny is gorgeous! really like this!

QuiltCandy said...

Love it. That bunny is very cute. And seasonal! I have that Tim Holt fabric too, it's wonderful. PS glad you are getting on well with the Aurifil

Diane-crewe said...

ooh! I like x