Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday mail

We haven't had any mail since Thursday due to no deliveries on Saturdays and a bank holiday on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Annie told me to expect my fabric order today (yes I was being impatient) and it did arrive.
  
 
These are all fabrics for my Aviatrix quilt. The timing is perfect as this week we are to cut out our fabrics. Last week I also received a laminator that I'd ordered from Amazon. My plan is to laminate my fabric reference page from the instructions with all the 1" squares of each fabric I've cut out and carefully stuck on as reference. with over 30 fabrics to play with this chart is going to be essential.
 


 
Annie has labelled all of the Kona solids for me which is also a very useful reference. I have a Kona chart but it's already out of date and many of the greys used in this quilt were not on the chart.
 
 
 
I also ordered a bottle of Flatter to try - it's starch without the starch. This is the yuzu scented version. We first came across the fruit yuzu when selecting macarons in St Malo. I fancy a day trip to St Malo soon.
 
Today I'm quilting one of a pair of quilts for Jane. We loaded it up ready to quilt and then found one of the leads to the motors wasn't connected. I go into panic mode with anything technical, but fortunately Jane reminded me that it wasn't a lead in the wrong place as I'd quilted another quilt since the machine came back from being serviced. It took me a while to find the right lead, of course it was the one you can't see!!  I also want to finish binding my New York beauty cushion today to include in Show & tell at our guild tonight.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I got home and my fabric hasn't arrived. ughhh