Thursday, May 08, 2014

Brit Sewing Thursday linky - 8 May 2014

Just Sew Sue
 
 
At the beginning of each month, I try and fulfil all of my commitments, especially if they need to be posted to the US. In the Stash Bee, everyone is in North America apart from Maria in Malta and myself.
 

 
For May, Heather has chosen a block by Wombat Quilts called Icky Thump. I thought Icky Thump was a northern expression but apparently it's a song title.
 
 
 
 
I chose to make two blocks for Heather and love the disco balls fabric in this block. In both blocks I've used one fabric for the dark feature colour and a variety for the lighter shades.
 

 
 
I think I need to hand sew the binding on my May Schnibble next. It's only 30" square so shouldn't take too long.
 
What have you been working on this week?
 
 


1 comment:

Celine said...

these blocks are really nice and I love your fabric choice