Thursday, June 26, 2014

Aliens love Underpants - Brit Thursday linky

Just Sew Sue
 
 
My last bee commitment for June is now finished and packaged ready to take to the Post Office. I still need to make a start on my June cross stitch block and the binding on my social tote before claiming any success for June.
 
The theme for this month's blocks for Liz was Aliens love Underpants. We were asked to make a star on a blue background. I like a good star and worked out the cutting scheme for this on the back of a scrap of paper.
 

We were also asked to make a 6" block of pants. The starting inspiration for this was a tutorial at Sewtakeahike. I borrowed inspiration for a pair of boxer shorts from Teresa.  Sorry for the bad photos again but I dropped my camera and it needs to go to the menders. I was thinking of going for something a little more skimpy but didn't know if Liz's family would appreciate the block so went with something modelled on my own underwear - big!!
 
 
Here they are together.
 
 
And in other news we have an appointment for Lizzie with the consultant neurologist on Monday. All of the blocks for my Siblings Together bee quilt have arrived home. Just three weeks before that needs to be finished.
 
What have you been working on this week? The linky party will take a summer break from next week until September.
 
 

2 comments:

Celine said...

love your pants block!

moira said...

they're brilliant!