Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Stash - Tula Pink backing

Molli Sparkles
 
When visiting Nottingham, the one bit of advance planning that I did was to measure some of my WIPs that needed backing. Not that I had the list on my first trip to John Lewis, but we returned to take back Lizzie's suit for school as she had buyers remorse.
 

 Now to work out which backing is for which quilt. I spent a lot of time scratching my head working out how much fabric I needed for each quilt and I now realise I should have just used the Robert Kaufman app and then converted the inches into centimetres. The lady cutting was very patient and we chatted about Jersey as she's a regular visitor.

 
I thought I'd bought two pieces of this fabric by Tula Pink from her Fox Field range and is called Chevy lace in mint. Fortunately I wrote Aviatrix in the selvedge so I know what this backing is for. It's now cut and ready to piece so it's ready for when I finish the quilt.
 

 
And this is Petal by Tanya Whelan and is called Large Antique Roses. I think this is for my Wishes quilt - also as yet unfinished but I chose it for the dots as Bonnie & Camille fabrics which I'm using for the Wishes quilt generally have some dots in each range. Though it could also be for my Japanese X and +s.
 
 
I have two pieces of this green fabric for my Orbit and by deduction Siblings Together quilts. I need to get the backing for the Siblings Together quilt pieced as a priority. This is also by Tula Pink and is vintage Stars from Fox Field.
 

 By a process of elimination, the turquoise fabric by Tula Pink called Scribble from Fox Field is for my Japanese X and + quilt but I could possibly swap it for the Tanya Whelan dots if the pieces are the same length.  
 
 


1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

loving your choices x you had double the fun ... with having to choose which was for which quilt ... all over again xx