Friday, August 01, 2014

August Siblings Together block

 
 
I am the bee mama for the Siblings Together Quilt Bee for August and have requested one 14.5" unfinished log cabin block in shades of one colour (eg red OR yellow OR blue). I love how my ST rainbow stars quilt looked and I'd like to do something similar for 2015

Start with a 2.5" square for the centre and add three rounds of 2.5" strips. Please add the strips so they increase in size in a clockwise direction. Having done another scrap strip swap at FQR, I'm looking forward to selecting some fun, bright prints from my boxes and adding some scraps from my stash too.

You will need to cut:
2    2.5" squares
2   2.5" x 4.5" rectangles
2   2.5" x 6.5" rectangles
2   2.5" x 8.5" rectangles
2   2.5" x 10.5" rectangles
2   2.5" x 12.5" rectangles
1   2.5" x 14.5" rectangles

 A tip - if after the first round you forget where to sew the next strip, it's always the side which has two seams running into it

No comments: