Monday, September 29, 2014

Moda Modern Building Blocks Sewalong - tips - block 6

Moda Modern Building Blocks Sewalong
 
I started with a nice simple 18" block. I picked out some yellows similar in tone to the Bella Solids in the original and I made my first mistake - I picked out Fat Quarters that I'd cut into, and after cutting a few pieces of the darker yellow, I realised that I wouldn't have enough. So as the instructions tell you, my tip is to cut the largest blocks first and definitely only expect to use scraps for the 6" blocks.
 
 
 
I'm liking the grunge fabric in this block and will probably pull more out to add to the stash for this quilt. It also dawned on me that an old fashioned china graph pencil would be great for ticking off what you've cut as you could then wipe off the marks once you've finished the block.
 
For more information about the Sewalong which you can join at any time go to http://jersey-scrapper.blogspot.com/2014/09/moda-modern-building-blocks-sewalong.html

No comments: