Friday, October 03, 2014

Improv block


I am a lover of straight lines and rules, so improv blocks where there are no rules, makes me nervous. Will the recipient in the Bumbling Honeys Bee be happy with what I've done? The only rule was blue, and preferably plain blue or tone on tone. I added in the pearl bracelet fabric as someone else had already used it. This block is made up from the contents of my blue scrap bag and the blues in my plains scrap bag and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. It is made up of three units which follow my own improv rules - wonky log cabin and sliced up blocks.

I'm the bee mama for October so must go and let the ladies know what I have in mind.

1 comment:

mumasu said...

This looks great, Sue. I find the improv thing quite hard to make look relaxed and I think you've really nailed it there :)