Saturday, November 01, 2014

ALYOF November 2014 - The Wishes Edition

 
October went by in a flash with two trips - Venice and cruise for Nick's 60th and Lizzie and I got back from a trip to Berlin last night. Next she wants to go to Pompeii. So what to choose to focus on in November. I think I'll chose the Wishes quilt by Fat Quarter Shop. The blocks have been finished for some months and at last weekend's UFO day I sewed all of the blocks into four rows and three of the rows have been sewn together. So all that remains (doesn't sound too much if I say it quickly) is to add one more row to the centre and decide about the outer border.
 
 
 
And this is how the quilt should look when finished. Mine uses a Bonnie & Camille FE stack not the Sweetwater Wishes range. I've also substituted a couple of blocks that weren't my style - for example the basket block  - I like basket blocks to be the correct way up and not on their side.

 

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Mercy, with all your traveling, it's a wonder you get any quilting done!!! Good luck with this month's goal - it's going to be so cute!

Jennie said...

This will be a gorgeous quilt - good luck getting it finished!