Thursday, November 20, 2014

Siblings Together blocks

 
For November we were asked to make two 12" finished slab blocks. Having seen the blocks other ladies have made, I realise my pieces could have been bigger and would probably have made the process much quicker.

 
I think I could have pieced a whole simple quilt in the time it took me to make these two blocks. they have now arrived with this month's bee mama who commented that the colours were cheerful and bright. I have realised that i don't have many purple fabrics in my stash, another excuse to shop.
 



Improv and wonky lines are not in my nature. I need structure and rules, but I think I achieved what was required in the brief. I must check if any of our groups are taking November off as we are away for two weeks in December.

No comments: