Monday, January 05, 2015

Happy New Year

We're back from our Caribbean holiday and now I'm ready for 2015. I haven't chosen a One Little Word before, but this year I have chosen:


I toyed with finish, but complete seemed to encapsulate more. I start things with enthusiasm and then run out of steam. So in 2015 I want to take everything step further. I've also started a five day juice detox this morning. No planning as usual, so I went to the gym and then having showered, I went to Waitrose afterwards to pick up my ingredients for today.
 
Who knew I'd ever find a use for these cruise shot glasses. #juicebeliever
 
 
So my day started with a ginger shot!!
 
 
I plan to join in the monthly and quarterly challenges to complete lots of projects in 2015 but also to try and not start as many as I finish. I have one project that I want to make this year and want to complete it slowly over the year. So my list of UFOs to complete this year are:
 
Jan TB Block of the month (apparently it's from 2009)

Feb Orbit
Mar Wishes
Apr CQ hexagons
May Tree skirt
June Aviatrix
July RWB hexagons
Aug Thimbleberries olive and mustard
Sep Moda Building Blocks
Oct Lori Holt
Nov Swedish Blooms
Dec New quilt
 
Making progress on class sample for next weekend, just a few more fabrics to pull out. #ukminiswapdonna
 
And for the quarterly challenge, I'm going to add a small project to finish each month, so the first quarter is like this:
Jan Xmas bunting
Feb Uk mini swap (already started)
Mar Beau bears (I think they've been sitting in a bag for about two years, but perfect to take to Wednesday quilting group.
 
Other things to finish include small bits in our kitchen and installing some leader grips on my long arm.

1 comment:

QuiltCandy said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday Sue. Good luck with the detox! Your plan sounds realistic. I think that's the key, not taking on too much. My trouble is I keep dreaming up new ideas, so I'm trying to suppress all new creative thoughts for now and get on with what I've already started!