Friday, February 20, 2015

Hooray it's FNSI

Boo we're going out this evening to play in a canasta competition. But hooray there'll be cake as we've been baking today.

 
This is a lemon and poppy seed drizzle adapted from a recipe on the Nordicware UK Facebook page. Drizzling the bottom of the cake before taking it out of the pan was not a good idea, but it tastes nice. I'm hoping that none of the WI ladies will spot my patchwork cake skills and just enjoy the cake.
 
 
I have been under the weather for two days and I'm just coming out the other side. I spotted tonight was Friday Night Sew in but didn't feel up to any large projects. I also spotted this little needle case on Bee Lori's instagram feed, so decided that I would make it my FNSI project. It was quick to put together from my scrap bags.
 
 
And I even found the alphabet ribbon that I knew I wanted to use for this project. Shame the poppers I need are still MIA. A pretty and quick project which I think I will send to my mini quilt swap recipient.
 

10 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

WOW! that cake looks fantastic xx Liking your little sewing case too xx

Katherine said...

Gorgeous cake and such a cute little sewing kit! Hope you are feeling much better today.

Karen's Korner said...

I have been guilty of making a patchwork cake myself - lucky they taste just as good. Cute sewing case.

retdairyqueen said...

Yummy looking cake and like the sewing case

Rosie said...

What a yummy looking cake and the little bag is beautiful. Glad you were feeling well enough to join us.

Helen said...

The cake looks delicious .....!!,,, sweet sewing case :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is one cute sewing case! I don't have instagram, but I might be able to figure it out. The cake looks so tempting! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Brenda said...

I was eyeing that same project on instagram. Your cake looks yummy!

Käthe said...

Beautiful needle case,
very nice fabric colours !
Best wishes
Käthe

Lyn said...

That cakes looks so tempting ..a cute little sewing case