Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Orbit - ALYOF - March 2015

Why do I always wait until the last minute to finish a project. I have done that so many times and then found that the linky party has closed. So here is my Orbit quilt - finished. I love all of the fabrics bought from the Village Haberdashery. Comma by Zen Chic is the basis of the quilt with some Summerville, Pearl Bracelets, Architexture by Carolyn Friedlander and more. This is definitely not my usual colour palette, but I love it. So much so that a picture overload follows.
 

Can you see how I've quilted it in straight lines on my Bernina spaced about 1/2" apart (ie the width of my walking foot). I had planned to do something fancy but inspiration never struck but it's a finish and I'm pleased with its simple lines.


The backing and binding are both an extra wide Architexture print bought on sale at Fat Quarter Shop. The colour is perfect for this quilt and co-ordinates with several of the Architexture prints in the quilt top.


Here's a closer look at each quarter. The orange ring is Comma as is the grey floral with an Architextures text print - I wish I'd bought more of the text print.  The surrounding prints are almost all Comma by Zen Chic apart from the grey bike tracks which was from Village Haberdashery's scrap basket.


The three rings are all from Comma. I saw online that anyone who liked Zen Chic's Comma line, will like their newest line, which I need to investigate.


The orange is Architextures by Caroline Friedlander with a Summerville centre some more bike tracks and an orange Pearl Bracelet.



This block is a little different as only the cream centre is by Zen Chic and is surrounded by a lime plain from the Village Haberdashery's scrap basket and a yellow Pearl Bracelet.

Now to work on April's goal. I'm debating whether to take an hour out and walk to the bank and the food store. It is so tempting to drive, but a walk would do me good. Looking out of the window it's a sunny day, but I know it's deceptive as it's also very windy.

Linking to:


3 comments:

QuiltCandy said...

Wow it's a wonderful quilt Sue!

the running hare said...

Lovely Sue! Is it for you?

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

I think the straight line quilting is perfect for this one!