Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Project linus finish

 
 
Here's my finished quilt ready to donate to Project Linus. I used a few left over jelly roll strips, some plain red and one strip of the blue inner border to make the sashing. Not much left over from this jelly roll which I won at the first Fat Quarterly retreat.

 
Ikea's Bitten is perfect for quilt backings and you can see the large trumpet like flowers in the quilt pattern.


I pressed the binding outwards from the front, ironed on 1/4" steam a seam tape on the reverse in the seam allowance. Then I pressed the binding to the back of the quilt where it is kept in place by the Steam a Seam fusible web. Then I stitched down the binding from the front, about 1/2" in from the binding (the width of my walking foot).

 
And here's the binding from the back. I prefer to hand stitch my binding in place but when it's being donated, I want it to be able to withstand a hot wash and being well loved.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

A lovely finish! I'm helping Adrianne with the FAL and I am to say that I am visiting as part of the 2015 FAL Cheerleading Team.