Friday, May 22, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage - Canning season and chicken foot

 

This is week 4 of the Farm Girl Vintage Sew along, and the blocks are called canning season and chicken foot. I realised last week that I needed a few more 6" blocks, so I have made two 6" canning blocks of a can of cherries and water melon. Though I think the watermelon looks more like raspberry jam. :)

 
The two bodies of the cans were picked from some FQs that a friend no longer wanted and they go perfectly with the theme of the quilt.

 
I love the Chicken foot block with its spotty background. This fabric came from one of the monthly I want her Stash bundles. The other fabrics are by Lori Holt and Cotton & Steel.
 
And here are the three blocks together.
 
 
And then all of the blocks so far. I like how they're looking together.
 

 
 
 


1 comment:

Jane said...

thought you were canning chickens feet for a minute there!