Thursday, May 07, 2015

Farmer's Wife quilt for customer

Jane has made this quilt from blocks we made each month at our guild and it's a present for her mother's birthday later this month. My long arm was not doing as it was told so this quilt took longer than I had planned as I left it for a week. However I took it to my morning guild to finish sewing in some ends and was able to drop it off to Jane's work on the way home.
 

I love the pops of blue in some of the blocks, it really makes the quilt. The side triangles and backing were a cream with a hint of green. An unusual colour but it worked very well.


The pantograph is a new one called hickory which isn't dense and apparently Jane's colleagues decided I'd made a good choice. I hope to get my last Siblings Together quilt on my machine tomorrow and do some freehand quilting.

No comments: