Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Stash - Fabric worm edition


I won a gift certificate in the ALYoF April draw. A double win - a finished project and a prize. Then I had a quick browse whilst I waited for the gift certificate to arrive and ahppy dance - they have the backing that I wanted for my Moda Building Blocks quilt.


My order arrived this week. I had completely forgotten what I'd ordered as well as the backing so it was like Christmas. And it was a good surprise.

 
My stash is sorely lacking in yellows and oranges so I stocked up on the Katy Jones chicken wire print as well as some honeycomb from riley Blake.

 
My Architextures backing by Carolyn Friedlander has gone straight into the cupboard next to my longarm along with the Moda Building Blocks quilt top. I need some more practice with rulers and free motion before attempting this large quilt.
 


 
Some low volume fabric for my stash. To be honest my low volume stash is now bigger than any other pat of my stash, but if you don't buy them when you see them, you end up not finding them when you need them.
 
 
And last but by no means least some Ex Libris by Alison Glass. It does not disappoint in the flesh. I have no idea what I'll use it for, but it will be admired regularly.
 
 
Ad here's one of the panels. There's only just a quarter of an inch on each side of the design which makes cutting the panels apart tricky. I'm thinking some sort of bag perhaps?


Linking to:
Molli Sparkles

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

wow!... don't you just LOVE opening parcels like this xx and a winner too... well done x

V Hair said...

Congratulations on the win and the delivery - I love your selections!

Clumsy Chord said...

That panel is really lovely! I like a lot of her prints, but I'm rarely quite sure how to use them, so I wind up not buying them!