Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Small World

My Small World QAL
 
I made the time today to get part one of this mini quilt completed. It measures 6" by 33", I think. That gives you some idea of how small some of the pieces are. The instructions are written in the main for hand piecers but I have machine pieced all of the parts apart from three blocks where I did the applique by hand.

The house block is pieced in two pieces in the pattern but I pieced the orange fabric and then reverse applique it to the house.

 
I also reverse appliqued the orange door in the striped block. I'm pleased with how both blocks turned out.
 
My next job (tomorrow) is to cut my strips for the low volume swap and get the packages swapped out ready to post when we're in London on Saturday. Unfortunately one packet was delayed as it had excess postage to pay. Never mind no one was in so we didn't have to pay. I had to pay on something last month too. I almost always take my envelopes to the Post Office to have them weighed as paying the extra £1 processing fee is very annoying for the recipient. I also used a Tim Holtz fabric for one of the buildings which has come out well. Cut up it looks like bricks.

 

1 comment:

Pip said...

Very nice indeed, I love seeing all the different fabrics every is using for their My Small World quilt.