Monday, February 01, 2016

February goals




This month's goal is to finish this cat quilt for a March birthday. The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman and uses fabrics from the I Want Her Stash programme from Westwood Acres.

This is a very doable goal as I just need to sew down the binding on two sides and it's a perfect project to take with me to my morning Guild.



Where did January go. I completely missed the sign up for the January monthly goal. However I did finish my goal of the cow blanket, more about this later in the week. I broke out my Brown Bag sock club bag 8 yesterday and I have some Crazy Zauberball socks to make. There was also some hand cream and a lipstick to use up this month too. The sock wool is already balled up and ready to cast on.



You can see that my miscellaneous project to complete is my Woodland Sampler which was the 2013 monthly project from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. So I dug out the embroidery, an empty floss box and accumulated my supplies. Hmm, for some reason not all of the flosses are there. I will work around that as the month progresses and substitute if necessary. Yesterday I completed the date panel and inserted 2016, so that is a commitment to finish it this year.

2 comments:

Heather North said...

Your cat quilt is so cute. I'm considering using that pattern for a quilt for my sis-in-law. Good luck with your goals this month!

Little Black Cat Quilting said...

I didn't know there was a cat version of that pattern, I had only seen the dog version! It's so cute, I'll have to remember this one! Good luck with your goals this month, you can do it! :)