Monday, February 22, 2016

Learning new things


I am still a beginner knitter, having only started knitting again a few months ago. I have also become an avid watcher of YouTube knitting videos. One I have been watching is Kristin of Voolenvine and she mentioned that she had a shawl pattern that she would be looking for knitters to test knit the pattern due for release on 1 March.  I offered my services as a beginner knitter and the pattern duly arrived. 


The eyelet section was quick and relatively easy, so long as I remembered to do the increases. Then I had to wait for the beads and crochet hook to arrive for the beaded section. YouTube came to the rescue with a video for doing an applied border. I was really pleased with the mock cables in the border. 

The shawl was knitted in Manos del Uruguay in silk blend fino (30% silk and 70% wool) in the colour flame red. The name is a little ironic as I bought two balls in a fire sale for £5 total. I was a little nervous soaking he project, but it blocked well, but did bleed. All ready now for the Jersey Eisteddfod. I think I wil wear this to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March.

No comments: