Sunday, February 07, 2016

My Secret Garden BOM

I am a sucker for a good Block of the month (BOM). This year I spotted the Pat Sloan - My secret garden over at Freequiltpatterns.info I jumped in and made the first 16" block last month. I used fabrics from recent I Want her Stash bundles with a dash of red Blueberry Park by Karen Lewis.


Having made good progress on my #craftfor20 tidy up of my craft room, I decided to stitch up a storm yesterday. So I printed off the instructions for February's blocks and stuck down snippets of my fabrics to the instructions. I changed the centre square and eliminated the HSTs.



The blocks look very different from each other at the moment even though I've used the same red Blueberry park print and the dark blue honeycomb print. I have bagged up this month's fabrics along with the blocks ready for March so as to try and tie the colours together. I will also add the January fabrics too.

No comments: