Friday, April 15, 2016

My Secret Garden Block of the month


It is no secret that I love a good Block of the Month (BOM). And free is even better as I have plenty of stash to use. April is the fourth month of Pat Sloan's BOM and I was particularly drawn to this month's Keukenhof block as I visited Keukenhof a few years ago on a scrapbooking retreat.



I eliminated some of the seams in the background portion of this block and got it down to eight pieces from twelve pieces. I love the Karen Lewis red floral print and the Carolyn Friedlander background looks good with the other fabrics I chose. As I am using stash, once I've run out of a fabric, I substitute something similar. The navy in this block is an example of this approach as I'd run out of the navy honeycomb pattern in a previous block.

No comments: