Saturday, September 30, 2017

Mini quilts

I'm sharing two mini quilts that I finished at Simply Solids retreat back in July. The first was a planned ginger sh and was cut out ready for the retreat. Bjorn Bear by Elizabeth Hartman is a cute pattern which with an extra border to bring it up to 18" square is perfect for the Chez Soi Christmas challenge. Our challenge is to make an incubator quilt for SCBU. As my son was in SCBU almost 22 years ago, it is a challenge that is close to my heart.



The day I left for retreat, a new subscription box dropped through my letter box with this guts pattern. However I was not piecing thin strips of fabric to make the ball of wool so I dove into my stash to find someone me suitable striped fabric and I am pleased with how it turned out.


This is also the right size for the SVBU challenge and also completed on retreat. Time now to list  my UFOs for the next quarter as Q3 had more starts than finishes.


No comments: