Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Knitvent 2017

I get terrible FOMO when I see new knitting or  quilting patterns released. I was determined not to buy the Knitvent pattern collection this year as last year I only knit 1 of the 4/5 patterns in the collection. I resisted until I saw the first pattern release. The land of sweets Cowl by Helen Stewart is designed for a yarn advent calendar with 24 mini skeins of yarn. I immediately decided to do the pattern using the leftover yarn from my what the fade! shawl.


I print the pattern in booklet form which makes it easy to slip into my kniting bag. I then formulated a plan to fade from one colour to the other. However I didn't have as much of the sunset yarn by Kate Selene as I perhaps needed. I've therefore just guessed how much I could get done with that yarn and then striped it into the next yarn. So there will be a little bit more of colour C by Lone Star Arts than I had planned. This is going to be a perfect project to take to my quilting group tomorrow morning. So far I am at 43% complete. I think the newest pattern in the collection may be released today or tomorrow.

No comments: