Friday, January 05, 2018

Christmas celebration sampler

Having scrapped my first attempt at this pattern in 2017, although my crafting Mojo seemed to leave me in December, I had this sampler permanently by my side. I have made a decent amount of progress, however the amount of white in the border does intimidate me. I have now completed the inner border and all of the letters. Once I have finished the block T, I will put it away and attempt to complete one block per month. Otherwise I will work on the UFO selected by the American patchwork and quilting magazine UFO challenge.


I have already completed two out of the nine blocks including the border adjacent to the block. I find that when I cross stitch with white thread that I am not completely satisfied with the look I achieve so any white sections are always the last to be completed. I am sure that I will get this one finished by Christmas 2018. I still have another Christmas Crosstitch UFO to complete in addition to this one.

No comments: